2023 is the most significantly memorable year in the global bio-science industry!
Year 2023 marks the 80th Anniversary of lectures on the “WHAT IS LIFE” , the 70th Anniversary of the discovery of the DNA double helix structure, the 40th anniversary of the discovery of PCR technology, and the 20th anniversary of the completion of the human genome project. The emergence of these remarkable events has unveiled the prologue of molecular biology, promoted the integration of subjects, formed a scientific research atmosphere of "big science, big cooperation, and big application”, which expedited the development of new frontier subjects - genomics, greatly promoted the rapid development of biological science and biotechnology and led to the speedy globalization of the biological industry.
Members attending the meeting:
Huanming YANG (Academician of CAS), Fred DUBEE (Former senior counselor of the UN’s Secretariat, senior advisor of the Global Compact Office), Mohamed HASSAN (President of the Sudanese National Academy of Sciences, founding executive director of the World Academy of Sciences, chairman of the board of directors of the UN’s Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries), Marc Van MONTAGU (Honorary Professor of Ghent University in Belgium), Ole DOERING (Professor of Hunan Normal University & Professor of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) Tilahun YILMA (Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the US), Miltos LADIKAS (Senior researcher of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany), Alexios-Fotios MENTIS (Doctor, public health scientist, genomologist), Lucas DILEO (Chairman of the Broadland Consulting Company of the US), Ismail SERAGELDIN (Co-chairman of the Nizami Ganjavi International Center, founding director of the Alexander Library), Harris A. LEWIN (Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States, professor of evolution and ecology at the University of California, Davis, and chairman of the Working Group of the Earth Biological Genome Project), James CRABBE (academician of the Wolfson College of Oxford University, professor of the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, and chairman of the International Engineering Technology Association (IETI)), Michael MORGAN (CEO of the Genome Park of the British Wellcome Trust), Siqi LIU (Co-founder of BGI), Vassilis KLISSOURAS (Honorary Professor, Department of Sports Medicine and Sports Activity Biology, University of Athens), Yannis PITSILADIS (Professor, Department of Sports and Sports Science, University of Brighton, UK, Director of Sports Science and Medical Center), Yonglun LUO (Associate Professor, Department of Biomedicine, University of Aarhus), Ho Tik Shun (President of Hong Kong China Foundation Middle School) Lars Bolund (Tenured professor of genetics at the University of Aarhus, Denmark, Sir of the Royal Danish National Flag, and director of the Lars Bolund Institute of Regenerative Medicine at BGI), Jun YU (tenured professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, director of the Digestive Cancer Experimental Center at the Chinese University of Hong Kong Medical College), Yubao CHEN (Secretary general of the Chinese Society of Biotechnology) and other members of the International Advisory Committee attended the meeting online and on-site.
The organizing committee introduced the ICG-18 agenda to the members of the advisory committee and exchanged views with the CDC of the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan and other countries as well as the scientific academies of developing countries in Africa, and discussed about the meeting holding city, time, topics, chairman and guests of ICG-18, and preliminarily made the below determinations:
1. ICG-18 theme is Omics & the HGP
2. ICG-18 will successively be held in Zhangjiajie, Beijing, Shanghai, Wenzhou, Xi'an, Chongqing, Qingdao, Wuhan, Hangzhou and other cities as well as Singapore from April 12 to April 26. (The specific time and venue will be advised on another notice)
3. ICG-18 will review and celebrate many highlights in the history of life science: the 25th anniversary of the preparatory meeting of the (HGP) China volume, the 20th Anniversary of the completion of the HGP, the 70th Anniversary of the discovery of the DNA double helix structure and so on. ICG18 will carry out exchanges and discussions around the following topics: genomics and precision medicine/regenerative medicine, global biodiversity and biological database, earth and marine biological genomics, spatiotemporal genomics and synthetic biology, digital and artificial intelligence in the biological century, Olympic spirit & movement and health, biosafety in forensic medicine and life science, public and vocational education in life science Forum for Women and Young Scientists and regional development of life science and biological industry in central/eastern/western/northeastern China.
4. ICG-18 plans to hold the "Global Bio-industry Exhibition" simultaneously.
5. In addition, more thematic discussions are planned to be held in Shenzhen, Xiamen, London and other cities (The specific time and venue will be advised on another notice)
ICG-18 is jointly sponsored by BGI Group, the Chinese Society of Bio-engineering, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, the United Nations Bank of Science and Technology, China Science Writers Association, China Biodiversity Conservation and Green Development Foundation, the Chinese Urban Science Research Association, The Genetics Society of China etc. Meanwhile, At the same time, the organizing committee has constantly received sincere invitations from local governments one after another! Hangzhou Bictimes Culture and Technology Co., Ltd will continue to provide full operational services for the conference.
The meeting notice of the first round of ICG-18 will be released next week. Thank you for your attention to the further information of the meeting!